General Orthopaedic Care in Rochester
The range of treatment provided by the orthopaedic surgeons at Greater Rochester Orthopaedics is vast. It includes treatment that spans sprains, broken bones, amputation, surgical prosthesis’s, and reconstruction as well as managing disease processes and rehabilitation.
Common Orthopedic Procedures
Orthopaedic surgeons perform a variety of surgical procedures to correct deformities, repair fractures, and manage disease. More common procedures include:
- Arthroscopy. Utilizes specialized cameras and equipment to see into a joint to diagnose and treat problems.
- Fusion. Bones are fused together using internal devices (metal rods) and/or bone grafts.
- Internal fixation. A procedure that puts fractured or pieces of bone together in the correct position using metal plates, pins or screws.
- Joint replacement. Uses an artificial joint (prosthesis) to replace joints damaged by injury or arthritis.
- Osteotomy. To correct bone deformities by cutting and re-positioning the bone.
- Soft tissue repair. The mending of soft connective tissue including torn tendons and ligaments.
Request an Orthopaedic Appointment
The highly trained orthopaedic specialists at Greater Rochester Orthopaedics have extensive experience diagnosing and treating orthopaedic conditions. Call (585) 295-5476 to request an appointment at one of our orthopaedic offices in the Rochester area.